For Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center, we leveraged our extensive experience in the healthcare industry to provide and install a state-of-the-art building automation system (BAS).
From chilled water to HVAC to interior and exterior lighting, the BAS integrates a full array of complex systems, helping to ensure efficient, effective operation throughout the facility.
The client needed a building automation system installed by a team with the capacity to handle a large-scale project, specialized knowledge of complex healthcare operations, and an appreciation for maintaining critical tenant comfort.
Havel installed 18 network controllers and an advanced enterprise network server. The highly-integrated BAS is capable of monitoring and controlling a variety of building systems, including:
- Chilled water and refrigerant
- Boiler management for three steam boilers and six exchangers
- Emergency generator
- Natural gas, water, and electrical metering
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Kitchen freezer and cooler temperatures
- 49 isolation room pressure monitors
- Stairwell pressurization
- 18 cabinet unit heaters
- Four cooling fans
- Four computer room AC units
- 50 exhaust fans
- 11 variable air volume units serving 100 terminal units
Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center is part of the Saint Joseph Health System; a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system which includes medical centers, rehabilitation facilities, community health centers, health insurance services, and home care providers.