Saint Joseph Medical Center, MISHAWAKA, IN
Thanks to their extensive experience working in the healthcare industry, Havel was selected to install a state-of-the-art Building Automation System (BAS) at Saint Joseph Health System’s Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, IN.
From chilled water to HVAC to interior and exterior lighting, the BAS integrates a full array of complex systems, delivering efficient, effective operation across the entirety of the medical center.
Saint Joseph needed a BAS team with the capacity to handle a large-scale project, specialized knowledge of complex healthcare operations, and an appreciation of how critical tenant comfort is for a medical center.
Havel provided and installed eighteen network controllers and an advanced enterprise network server for the project. The highly integrated BAS is capable of monitoring and controlling a variety of building systems, including but not limited to:
- Chilled water and refrigerant
- Boiler management for three steam boilers and six exchangers
- Emergency generator
- Natural gas, water, and electrical metering
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Kitchen freezer and cooler temperatures
- 49 isolation room pressure monitors
- Stairwell pressurization
- 18 cabinet unit heaters, four cooling fans, and four computer room AC units
- 50 exhaust fans
- 11 variable air volume (VAV) units, serving 100 terminal units
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located across Indiana, which includes multiple medical centers, rehabilitation facilities, community health centers, health insurance services, and home care providers.