Havel provided and installed a state-of-the-art building automation system (BAS) for Rehabilitation Hospital. The new BAS centralizes advanced medical workstations and browsers into one integrated network, helping the hospital operate efficiently and effectively.
We coordinated with the information and technologies department of Rehabilitation Hospital’s parent organization, Lutheran Health Network (LHN), to deliver seamless project completion.
LHN realized it was operating an outdated BAS with a head-end that was no longer factory-supported, so they needed automation experts to overhaul and modernize their network.
Havel’s team set up an enterprise server that not only hosted BAS applications for the Rehabilitation Hospital, but also for other LHN facilities. Our solutions included:
- Updating the BAS head-end
- Bringing all legacy controllers into a single platform
- Replacing obsolete field controllers
- Updating BAS graphical interface to a server-based system for viewing from any authorized workstation
- Updating graphics with HTML5 programming compatible with modern web browsers
- Providing ongoing service and support
Rehabilitation Hospital is a 36-bed acute care hospital that specializes in physical rehabilitation medicine for patients with critical conditions such as traumatic brain injury. Their parent organization, Lutheran Health Network, is an integrated healthcare provider who has contracted Havel for BAS services at multiple facilities.