Parkview Heart Institute, Fort Wayne, IN
When Shambaugh & Son (Shambaugh) was contracted by Parkview Health System for single-source mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and temperature control services on their new Heart Institute, the Havel team was brought in to deliver the facility a state-of- the-art Building Automation System (BAS). Havel is a division of Shambaugh.
Parkview wanted to construct a new 110,000-square-foot Heart Institute, equipped with cutting-edge cardiovascular technology, serving its patient network in Indiana and Ohio.
Havel provided and installed a new BAS which integrates a full-array of building systems, including:
- HVAC system
- Power distribution and backup systems
- Medical gas system
- Complete temperature trending
- Alarming for critical hospital equipment, irrigation, and backup domestic water distribution systems
Additionally, the facility is equipped with advanced pneumatic temperature controls, featuring:
- Five air handling unit systems
- 157 variable air volume (VAV) boxes
- Heating hot water and chilled water systems
- Isolation room monitoring
- Refrigeration exhaust system control
Parkview Health System is a network of over 80 community hospitals, clinics, and health facilities serving northern Indiana and northwest Ohio. For over 50 years, Parkview has partnered with Shambaugh and Havel on a variety of new construction, retrofit, and renovation projects.