Havel provided and installed a state-of-the-art building automation system (BAS) for Dupont Hospital.
The project required significant coordination with the information and technologies department of Dupont Hospital’s parent organization, Lutheran Health Network (LHN).
Our solution integrates the hospital’s network of medical workstations and browsers, which helps the facility operate efficiently and effectively.
After recognizing that their BAS was outdated and using a head-end which was no longer factory-supported, LHN needed automation experts to help overhaul and modernize their network.
Havel’s technicians set up an enterprise server that not only hosted BAS applications for the Dupont Hospital buildings, but also for other LHN facilities. Our solutions included:
- Updating of the BAS head-end
- Consolidation of all legacy controllers into a single platform
- Replacement of obsolete field controllers
- Updating of the BAS graphical interface to a server-based system for viewing from any authorized workstation
- Updating of graphics with HTML5 programming compatible with modern web browsers
- Providing ongoing service and support
Dupont Hospital is a 131-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of services to more than 100,000 patients annually. Their parent organization, Lutheran Health Network, is an integrated healthcare provider who has contracted Havel for BAS services at multiple facilities.